Briefs on Agenda Items submitted by National Federation of Postal Employees affiliated Unions for Periodical Meeting to be taken by Secretary(P) on 29.11.2012 at 1000 hrs.
All IndiaPostal EmployeesUnion, Group ‘C’.
1. Filling up the Posts of APM Accounts & Promotional avenue to Accounts line officials.
The APM Accounts Posts in LSG & HSG.II have been filled up among the PO & RMS Accountant’s qualified officials as per Selection Grade Recruitment Rules 1976. The PO & RMS Accountant’s seniority list has been drafdted as per the date of qualifying the Accountant’s exam and the same is considered for LSG promotion under Accounts line. The statutory Recruitment Rules of 1976 and the Rules 276 & 277 of volume IV dealing these issues remain unchanged.
While clarifying the postings after the introduction of FTP exam vide department letter No.137/10/96-SPB.II dated 28.1.2003, it was mentioned that the officials promoted to LSG either on general line or FTP having Accounts qualifi8cation may be considered for APM Accounts post. This has created a bundle of contradictions and the separate line of promotion to LSG APM Accounts has been disturbed and not carried out thereafter.
(i) Now in many Circles, against to the spirit of the recruitment rules 1976 and also volume IV statutory rules, unqualified officials have been posted as APM Accounts in HSG.II cadre and thus defeated the very purpose of existence of such qualified posts.
(ii) The CAT Chennai in OA No.201/2006 in case of Sri P. Ramadoss Vs the CPMG Tamil nadu held that the separate identity of APM Accounts cadre and directed to conduct the DPC for Accounts line without any procrastination based on the Recruitment Rules dated 13.9.1976 and issue necessary promotion orders to the eligible PO & RMS Accounts line officials within a period of four weeks.
(iii) The following may please be considered to overcome the present injustice caused to the cadre:
(i) The year of qualifying the PO & RMS Accountant exam should be the yardstick for promotion to LSG APM Accounts. It cannot be modified without amending the rules contained in Volume-IV.
(ii) During the upgradation of 1622 HSG.II posts, many posts of APM Accounts were upgraded to HSG.II. Resultantly, there is a dearth ofLSG APM Acounts posts for promotion in feeder cadre. Hence, it is requested to restore the LSG position for APM Accounts to the extent of 50% of total posts in Accounts cadre by upgrading the general line posts to HSG.II.
(iii) Reserve 20% of the total establishment in HSG.I promotion for providing promotion to the PO & RMS qualified HSG.II APM Accounts.
(iv) If the above proposal is considered, the present crisis will be over and it may also be ensured by providing qualified hands to position the APM Accounts posts in all places which will improve the efficiency in the prime accounting functions at the base levels.
2. Non grant of Training allowance for instructors posted in WCTC of regional headquarters-
The training allowance as if granted to instructors working in Postal Training Centre has not been granted to the instructors posted in WCTC centers functioning at regional headquarters even through their nature of duties are similar to that of the instructors working in the training centers. This is a clear discrimination between the two equals.
The reason for non grant of such allowance is stated to be non issue of orders so far from the Directorate for grant of training allowance to them.It is requested to kindly consider the same.
3. Bringing all the Senior /Chief postmasters posts under the Postmasters cadre hireachical line-
After declaring the Postmaster cadre as a separate cadre and did not allow the Postmaster Grade-I officials to appear Group B and IP examination because of the separate hierarchical cadre, allowing 75% posts of the senor Postmaster for IP line is deplorable. After carving out a separate cadre from LSG and IP line and formed a separate cadre, the provision of 75% for IPline officials to become Postmaster cadre as Senior Postmaster is against the spirit of the DOPT guidelines. There should not be two channel of promotions to IP cadre when it was denied to Postmaster opted officials to appear for the Group B exam and IP exam. Necessary decision may please be taken.
All IndiaPostal Employees Union Postmen & MSE/
1. Bottle necks for efficient Delivery: Number of articles, both registered ands ordinary mail, to be delivered and maximum length of beat to be covered during duty hours of a postman has not yet been decided. This need to be fixed . Moreover it is generally seen that there is no depository system available in delivery post office causing difficulty and hardship for disposal of undelivered mail on return to post office on some occasion the mail entrusted to postman is unmanageable during duty hours. The depository system needs to be maintained for the safety and security of mail. The other hurdle is non-adoption of Scientific measurement of Postmen beats: This issue has been taken many times but no scientific measurement is carried out. Measurement is generally done on paper and the postmen staff suffers a lot when these beats are not actually measured. Moreover no representative is detailed from postmen side to help in accessing the actual length of beats. It would be appreciated if Circles are directed to purchase one MELIO METER/DISTANCE WATCH METER for each division for correct measurement of beats giving time schedule fore completion ands compliance by target date.
2. Grant of incentive for delivery of Adhar Cards:As it has been informed on many occasions that postmen is already reeling under overburdened work and the postmen staff is not in a position to deliver the mail entrusted to him within duty hours. Instead after beyond duty hours, on many occasions the mail remains undelivered despite their best efforts. Now one more bolt from the blue in the shape of ADHAR CARDS is causing more tension since the number of Adhar Cards received are increasing day by day and multiply the overloaded work already held with them. It is therefore requested t grant Rs 2/- per card as incentive for delivery of the Cards so that they could deliver for late hours beyond their working hours convenient to them.
3. Timely Payment of individual Claims. There is general complaint for abnormal delay in payment of individual claim like-Medical Re-imbursement bill, OTA, Speed Post delivery incentive bills, TA bills and Double Duty Bill etc. Timely preparation of bills needs to be insisted upon. Sufficient fund should be made available to avoid delay in payment of individual claims.
All IndiaPostal SBCO Employees Association
1. Regarding misutilisation of PA (SBCO)
Savings Bank Control Organization in the Department of Post was established from erstwhile Postal and Telegraphs Audit Office. Hence, SBCO should be regarded as an Audit Wing of savings bank and given status equal to Postal Accounts on all aspects as the functions and responsibilities of both are synonymous. The staff of SBCO are recruited separately as Postal Assistants (SBCO) and trained exclusively in control procedures. Therefore, utilization of these personnel in operative work like reconciliation of SO SB balances by deputing them to Sub offices, settlement of minus balances, settlement of OMs should not be resorted to.
2. Request for reevaluation of the issue of administrative control over SBCO staff.
Request for reevaluation of the issue of administrative control over SBCO staff Divisional heads have no in depth knowledge in SBCO procedures and functioning of SBCO. As such, the powers of writing of APAR should be vested again with Accounts officers ICO (SB) as they are the next supervisory officers with full knowledge of the functioning of SBCO branch and its procedure and the personal knowledge about the SBCO officials.
3. Regarding maintenance of RD ledgers for HO/SOs in V2 SBCO.
In respect of decentralized savings categories i.e RD/MIS/SCSS the roll of SBCO must be checking of vouchers with reference to the data available in LAN Sanchay Post for timely detection of fraudulent activities. It is therefore requested that the maintenance of RD ledgers for HO/SOs in V2SBCO may be dispensed with.