1)Cadre Review Committee: - The first sitting of cadre review committee will be held on 29.9.2011 at Directorate. We are updating our proposal and suggestions if any can be sent before 29.09.2011
2) Filling up of vacancies for 2011: - When the Directorate called for vacancy position, it is alarmingly felt that still there are many vacancies for the earlier years left unfilled up. The Directorate sought for information from all circles to furnish all the current & previous unfilled vacancies in all cadres and also to mention the oldest vacancy still unfilled up - On receipt of particulars, process similar to last recruitment will be conducted at Directorate before December 2011 to fill up all the remaining vacancies.
All our Branch/Divisional Secretaries are requested to verify the establishment sanction actual staff strength available and calculate the actual vacancies of their divisions and to intimate the same to circle union immediately so that the circle union can pursue at circle level ensuring that no post is left unfilled up.Unless Branch/Divisional Secretaries act vigilantly, nothing is probable to come out from the issue of shortage of staff.
3) HSG I Recruitment Rules: - UPSC has not approved yet the HSG-I Recruitment Rules. It raised objections that the number of Posts in feeder cadre HSG-II and HSG-I is similar and to reduce the number of HSG I posts to the ratio of at least 2:1. The Department replied about the justification and functional requirements. It is expected that the recruitment rules will be released from UPSC within a fortnight or maximum a month.
In the revised HSG-I Recruitment Rules, all HSG-I posts including the posts which are now reserved for IPO line are being brought under general line. DOPT informed that after the approval of the Recruitment Rules for HSG-I, the conditions of minimum service in HSG II( 5 years) will be relaxed as before considering the requirements of the department.
4) Filling up of Postmaster Grade III Posts: - According to the scheme, Postmaster Grade-III posts will be carved out only when the posts are filled up. As such, technically there is no Postmaster Grade III post in existence. After the finalization of HSG I Recruitment Rules and offered regular promotion to the present adhoc HSG I official and others, option will be called for among them whether they will opt for Postmaster Grade III. The posts will be filled up at first with the HSG-I officials opted for the cadre and the remaining Postmaster Grade III posts will be declared for promotion under the channel of Postmaster's cadre. After the creation of Grade III, the Department assured to consider the one time relaxation to fill up all the unfilled up Grade II & Grade III posts by relaxing the minimum service conditions required.
5) Filling up of Postmaster Grade I unfilled up posts: - We placed a demand to consider the remaining candidates in the selection list of Postmaster Grade I exam for filling up the vacancies caused due to declination by some candidates after declaring the results. This was agreed. All circles will be addressed soon to ascertain the number of officials declined. We are expecting orders shortly.
6) Gradation List: - This is one of the major problems prevailing in all circles. All circles have been addressed to compile Gradation list of all cadres at once. All divisional Secretaries should follow up the same since this is most important document now to determine the promotional aspects of the employees.
7) Tenure posting in Single handed offices: - Despite strong objection from vigilance section of the Directorate, as assured during discussions on the strike charters, the Department is issuing orders for reposting officials to sub offices if the officials have not come out with any cases in preceding 10 years. Orders are expected to be released shortly.
8) Allowing P. H. candidates to IPO Exam: -The Department has formalized the reservation for promotion in I.P cadre for P. H. candidates and forwarded the file to Ministry of social Welfare for formal approval. This will definitely become a boost to the physically challenged Postal Assistants.
9) Doubling the Treasury Allowance: - A specific clarification about Treasury Allowance to Treasurer is under issue.
10) Problems of Casual Labourers: - An internal committee headed by the Chief PMG, Assam has been constituted to study the problems of casual labourers like regularization, alternate method of appointments for subsequent requirements, Pay related issues as per the Sixth CPC etc. The first preliminary sitting is expected to be held at Kolkata on 19.09.2011. DDG (P) & DDG (Establishment) are the other members. DDG (PCC) will be the member (Secretary). In respect of application of Sixth CPC wages to casual labourers, it is being delayed due to non receipt of information from five circles. They have been reminded by the Directorate.
11) Internal Committee to review Allowances: - Another committee has been constituted to review the allowances available in the Department under the chairmanship of Sri. Santosh Gauriar, Chief PMG, M. P. Circle, Sri. V. P. Singh, DDG Establishment, Sri. B. Selvakumar PMG Agra, Sri. D. Manoj, G.M. Finance Maharashtra Circle will be the members. Sri. S. V. Rao ADG (Establishment) will functions as ADG (Member Secretary)
1) The allowances, which are to be examined by the Committee, are as under:
(a) Grant of Special Allowance to all Group 'A' & Group 'B' officers working in Circle offices and Regional offices irrespective of their designation.
(b) Grant of Travelling Allowance and Daily Allowance to Mail overseers instead of Nigh Halt Allowance.
(c) Revival of Cash Handling Allowance to Postmen.
(d) Removal of distance criteria for grant of Cycle Maintenance Allowance (CMA) to Postmen.
(e) Revision of Cash Allowance to SPMs in the absence of Treasurers.
(f) Upward revision of Conveyance Allowance to PRIs (P)
(g) Grant of Road Mileage Allowance to staff entrusted with the work of clearance of cheques.
(h) Grant of Fixed Conveyance Allowance to Marketing Executives.
(i) Enhancement of Split Duty Allowance.
(j) Grant of Special Allowance to unqualified accounts irrespective of financial up gradation granted under TBOP/BCR/MACP
(k) Special Allowance to PO & RMS accountants on grant of financial up gradation under MACPs.
(l) Grant of Treasury Allowance to those officials who are given financial up gradation under MACP
2) The terms of reference of the Committee will be to examine and give specific recommendation on each allowance indicated above with a view that:
i) Any upward revision is required in the current scenario in the allowances.
ii) Whether the already discontinued allowances or allowances not being paid to specific cadre are needed to be restored or allowed.
3) The Committee will submit its Report within Three months.
Our CHQ is sending a proposals to the said committee on all issues and also to restore charge allowance to Postmasters as existed prior to introduction of TBOP and also to restore MPCM allowance to counter Assistants. Our letter will be published in the Bhartiya Post.
12) Departmental Council (JCM): - it was intimated to hold the Departmental Council (JCM) in the month of October 2011. The last date for submission of subjects has been fixed as 28.09.2011. If any specific issue is to be taken up, the Divisional/Branch/Circle secretaries are at liberty to e-mail the issues before 25.09.2011 to CHQ.
13) Dropping of Confirmation exam: - It is under process. Orders will be expedited.
14) Revised Recruitment rules for Postal Assistants: - As per the RR 2002, there are 49 categories eligible to appear the LGO exam and most of the categories are not in existence. Hence the process of eliminating such categories is under progress. Thereafter it will be finalized by including the agreed demands of thrown open the unfilled vacancies of LGO to GDS without any mark condition. The deletion of confirmation examination is included in the revised R. R.
15) Permission to opt for General line from Accounts line: - We demanded that the options obtained at the time of TBOP become obsolete and the option exercised only at the time of regular promotion to LSG accounts shall be taken into account. This has been accepted by the Department and orders issued.
16) Training Allowance to WCTU instructors: - Proposals for creation of regular trainers will be taken up. Revision of training allowance to instructors is training centre & introduction of training allowance to regular trainers appointed in WCTU is under consideration.
17) Revision of honorarium for Departmental Exam: - The file is under process. The allowance, as it is told, will be doubled.
18) Counting of past services to RTP: - The CHQ has written one more letter department to implement the decision of Mumbai CAT decision to all the similarly situated persons. This will be discussed further with the Secretary in the ensuing Department Council Meeting.
19) Counting of Special Allowance for pay fixation - Case of PO & RMS Accountants: - We are demanding for implementation of Karnataka High court judgment and not to file SLP. This is being pursued.
20) Irregular attachment of unoccupied staff quarters as post attached quarters: - Today the relevant rulings of 1929 & others were towed handed. It is assured to cause necessary orders at the earliest.
21) Training to Postmaster Grade I: - All Training Centres have been instructed to finalise the Grade I training before 15.1.2012. The Training Centre have accordingly allotted seats to the circles.