POSTAL JOINT COUNCIL OF ACTION
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
FEDRATION OF NATIONAL POSTAL ORGANISATIONS
ALL INDIA POSTAL EXTRA DEPARTMENTAL EMPLOYEES UNION
NATIONAL UNION OF GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS
No. JCA/2011 Dated – 07.06.2011
DISCUSSION WITH POSTAL BOARD ON CHARTER OF DEMANDS FAILED
CENTRAL JCA DECIDES TO GO AHEAD WITH THE STRIKEPREPARATIONS.
STRIKE NOTICE WILL BE SERVED ON 14.06.2011
INTENSIFY THE CAMPAIGN AND MAKE
INDEFINITE STRIKE FROM 5TH JULY COMPLETE SUCCESS
Dear Friends and Comrades,
The Secretary, Department of Posts, along with the other Members of the Postal Services Board and Senior officers held discussion with the Central JCA Leaders on the Charter of demands on 06.06.2011 and 07.06.2011 at Dak Bhawan. On 6th some of the items in the charter was discussed. 7th discussion was mainly confined to the issues relating to the mails. The Postal Board took a stand that the reorganization initiated in the mails sector such as speed post hubs, first class mails hubs, delivery hubs etc are to be continued and they sought the full cooperation of the staff side. The staff side made it clear that we strongly oppose the implementation of speed Post hubs, first class mails hubs, delivery hubs etc which are being implemented as per Mckinsey recommendations. We made it clear that public mail is being badly delayed and the confidence of the public is eroding day by day due the unscientific restructuring of mails sector. The Postal Board went on repeating its arguments justifying the hub experiment. No consensus could be arrived AND HENCE THE TALKS FAILED.
The Central JCA leaders met after the discussion and took the following decisions.
1. No compromise can be made on issues affecting the very existence of the Postal Department. No closure of any office or introduction of Mckinsey recommendations in the mails sector such as hub system can be allowed as it will completely ruin the Postal department and will facilitate for the growth of private courier services.
2. Other demands of the charter of demands should also be settled to the satisfaction of the staff side.
3. The strike preparations should be intensified in all circles and divisions.
Strike notice will be served on 14.06.2011.
5. All India Joint Convention of JCA on 19.06.2011 at Chennai should be made a grand success. All Circle secretaries of NFPE, FNPO and GDS Union and also All India office Bearers should attend the All India Convention without fail. The venue of the convention is Sree Padmam Kalyana Mandapam, No. 6/2, Radhakrishnan Street, T. Nagar, Chennai – 600017, Near Pondy Bazar Bus stop, T. Nagar HPO.
6. The Central JCA will meet again at Chennai on 19.06.2011
with struggle greetings,
Secretary General, NFPE
Secretary General, FNPO
K. V. Sridharan
AIPEU Group 'C'
D. Kishan Rao
NAPE Group 'C'
Ishwar Singh Dabas
AIPEU -Postmen & MSE/Group 'D'
T. N. Rahate
NAPE Postmen, MTS & Group'D'
AIRMS & MMS EU Group 'C'
AIRMS & MMS EU MG & Group 'D'
A. H. Siddique
AIPAOEU – NFPE
O. P. Khanna
S. S. Mahadevaiah
P. U. Muralidharan
GDS – NUPE
H. L. RAMTEKE
S. A. Raheem
Pratha Pritam Ghorai