Postal Department Invited Expression of Interest forCore System Integrator for IT modernisation Prject. Some of the highlights placed here under for the information of the members.Please go through them to know the latest developments in the department going to be taken place.
2.3.4 Finance and Accounts
Finance and accounts provide a single view of the financial performance of the DoP and plans to maintain the accounting records under both accrual and cash system and information on costs and tariffs. This includes tracking and reporting on budget approvals and fund utilisation as per Government of India guidelines. Finance and accounts also manage the procure-to-pay cycle for goods and services purchased by DoP including inventory management, budgeting and procurement, efficient vendor management for payables and receivables to ensure favourable liquidity position for the department
2.3.5 Customer Interaction Services
The customer interaction services enable the Point of Sale at DoP Multi Purpose Counters to perform various functions, including retail sales, bill collection on behalf of business partners, and cash management for end-of-day cash balance reconciliation. Additional channels, such as mobile and web portal, to be provided for delivery of products and services..
2.3.6 Call Centre
Set up and operate Call Centre to provide product and services related information and take orders or requests for mail booking, banking, insurance and retail post, resolve customer enquiries such as track and trace of the articles, retail order fulfilment, etc.
2.3.7 Human Resources Management and Payroll
The human resources management maintains personnel data and service related records for all employees (departmental and GDS) and shall allow employees to perform self-service transactions, including ability to view and edit personal data, leave, travel etc. and their approvals. Human resources also manage recruitment activities and departmental and direct examination, performance management, periodic establishment review and training activities. Payroll shall ensure timely and centralised payroll services, including disbursement of salary and other benefits by leveraging modern payment mechanisms like direct account transfers and ECS credits.
2.3.8 Customer Information Management
The customer information management shall consolidate customer information from across the various business verticals including FSI and RSI, capture customer information, including personal,contact, account and payment information and analyse customer information to determine outstanding payments, cross-selling opportunities, etc.
2.3.9 MIS and Business Intelligence Services
Management information and business intelligence services will maintain data/information across functions to provide cross-vertical reporting with drill down capabilities to transactional level. The reports shall be available through user-friendly MIS dashboards that adhere to regulatory and management reporting requirements, both ad-hoc and periodic.
2.4 Technical Overview
2.4.1 Solution Requirements
The Core SI shall perform the following activities to implement the solution:
2.4.2 Supply of Software
1. Supply of software including operating system, application, database and any other software
as required to support the business functions described in Section 2.2, 2.3;
2. All licenses shall be enterprise wide; Source code to be made available;
3. Supply of security software, including security incident, event, identity and access
4. Directory and email software for the DoP employees.
2.4.3 Supply of Hardware
1. Sizing of the necessary server hardware based on the proposed software that meets DoP’s
current and future business needs;
2. Supply of server hardware as per sizing and project timeline ;
3. Client side hardware shall be out of scope of this RFP; however selected bidder shall work with DoP and/or the client side hardware vendor to validate the suitability of the IT infrastructure for the implementation of the proposed solution.
2.4.4 Design and Implementation Services
1. Develop an architecture that is highly available, scalable and flexible;
2. Design an integration architecture model and approach using Service Oriented Architecture
(SOA) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) approach;
3. Design and build a data model to share data across multiple systems in the organisation ;
4. Design a Business Intelligence platform providing a dashboard for monitoring and measuring
business metrics and generate customized MIS reports at various levels;
5. Install and commission the supplied software and hardware;
6. Develop the client application for the supplied solution to be rolled out on the RICT
7. Build a unified customer interaction layer to enable channel access for multiple users, modes
8. Build and maintain complete security architecture based on industry best practices such as
ISO27001, DSCI Security framework in compliance with e-governance standards
(http://egovstandards.gov.in/) and applicable statutory requirements such as IT Act 2000
9. Build monitoring infrastructure for ensuring systems are functioning as per SLAs;
10. Implementation of solution in the field over a period of 19 months and post go-live support.
The tentative approach is as follows:
a. Pilot roll-out in 100 identified offices
b. First phase roll-out in all offices in six identified circles
c. Final roll-out in all offices in the remaining circles
1. Prepare a detailed training plan and finalise in consultation with the divisions and Change Management vendor/DoP change management team;
2. Plan and implement the training in co-ordination with Change Management vendor and the DoP;
3. Conduct train-the-trainer training to enable the trainer network across the DoP;
4. Conduct end user training for a specific number of batches across India.
2.4.8 Operation and Maintenance Services
1. Set up and run centralized 24x7 Helpdesk operations. CSI shall provide Level 1, 2 and 3
support based on the service levels;
2. Run Level 1 Help desk which is common for all applications and services for the overall
3. Co-ordination with other SIs and vendors for L2, L3 level services;
4. Set up and run the Call Centre to provide cross-vertical information and transactions;
5. Supply, installation and commissioning of enterprise management system (EMS) and service
desk software and integration of EMS, service desk, IVR and other Call Centre components;
6. Design and implementation of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) processes such as Incident
Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, etc.
For further details please click the below link and down load